Monday, April 7, 2008

Easter

Well, I'm finally getting Easter pictures posted on here.
Here is Zach with his eggs. He scribbled a bit on each one, asked me to write a "Z" on them, and that was it.

We decided to actually "color" our eggs this year, instead of dying them. How creative! (Actually it was because it was already bedtime and I had to think of a quicker & less messy way to get the eggs done. We had a hectic day. I don't know if it ended up being quicker, but the kids had fun.) Now that Bob has outlawed Easter grass & plastic eggs (call him the Easter Grinch), things really do go quickly for this holiday.

Spencer's "football" egg





Andrew liked poking holes in the egg carton.


The kids lined up & ready to go down to get Easter baskets. Usually we do this on Saturday, but this year, well, even Sunday was pushing it a bit. The children all got new scriptures for Easter, so I didn't feel too bad about doing it on Sunday.


Andrew wasn't too sure about all this. When I asked him to "smile!" this is what I got.


Andrew & Zach with their mouths stuffed full of candy or gum. I told Zach, "you don't have to eat your whole package of gum at once, you can save some for later, or for tomorrow." He looked at me for a second, then replied "no, I don't want to", as he stuffed another piece of gum in his mouth. Luckily it was dental gum, with xylitol, so it has to be healthy, right?
After everyone stuffed themselves with candy, I sent them out the door to church with Bob, their new scriptures, and a sugar high, while I enjoyed three hours of peace & quiet with Abby. I'll be going back to church on her baby blessing date, April 13th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids look so cute for Easter! We had a late night for Easter eve too. Lucky that Easter preparations don't take very much time.

Tara said...

Cute pictures. I'm glad you got to stay home for 3 hours with little Abby! What an Easter treat!