Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

This week, I've been looking through our old pictures, and I decided to post some of my favorites, that show what we as mothers do for our children.

What might our children say about us?

She encouraged me in life's adventures...



She counseled me to choose good friends


She helped me develop my fashion sense

She put up with all my pets...


She helped me love to learn

She taught me to work hard...


But never bite off more than I can chew...


She encouraged me to "fly"
And to develop my talents She taught me to love people despite their quirks...

She loved me when I was feeling beautiful...


...and on my "bad hair days", too.
Yes, mothers are there to love you in good weather...


...and bad

To love us from when we are young...until we are old...

To help us through the storms of life...


And to support us in everything we do.

“Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother’s image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child’s mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.”
--David O. McKay (Gospel Ideals, p. 452.)




3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! You are a great mother! What fun pictures! Happy Mother's Day!

Ahren said...

That's great. What fun memories. You are a wonderful mother. Happy Mother's day!

Unknown said...

I can't help but laugh when I see that and there's still a nice sentimental touch of tenderness. Good blog Tasha.