I know, I have neglected this blog forever. Pictures and posts are coming soon! I've been only using my new Mac laptop, instead of my old laptop which still has all my pictures on it. That's my excuse for not posting. That and being super busy raising my kiddos.
Here's four favorites from Abby lately:
----
Abby: Mom, what is that?
Mom: It is called spinach.
Abby: What does it spin about?
Mom: It's just a vegetable called spinach.
Abby: Does it spin around in the soup and go up? (With accompanying hand motions)
----
Courtney (while tucking Abby in bed, we have a ritual of us putting lots of blankets on her): Do you have enough blankets, Abby, or do you want 3 more on?
Abby: Just one. I'm not a moron.
----
Bob was laying on the bed, and Abby came up and started squeezing his bicep.
Abby: You're a Dad.
(Squeezing some more)
...You're a squishy Dad.
(Since then Bob has been lifting weights and recently put on 20 lbs for football season. He's definitely not "squishy" now.)
----
Abby has a doll named Grace. Grace is a huge part of our family. We've all taken turns holding her, helping her "stop crying", changed her diapers, etc. We've all had to look for her late at night before bed when she has been missing, etc. I think it is cute how many times I've come in the room to see Jace sitting all by himself, holding Grace, because Abby gave him the job of watching her. Jace is really cute with Abby, he'll even ask to hold Grace just because he thinks it is cute how happy this makes Abby.
When I nurse my Taycie Grace, Abby sits near me, and "nurses" Grace. Often I will be talking and interacting with Taycie Grace, and I'll notice Abby mimicking me exactly with her Grace. It's so cute! (And humbling) She'll always say things like: "Mom, are you holding your Taycie Grace? I'm holding my Grace." Her poor little Grace is starting to look dingy, but I'm afraid to throw her in the washing machine, because I'm worried that she'll get ruined and that would be just like a death in the family.
Anyway, today Jace and Aliysa were being goofy, and making up rhyming phrases.
Jace said something about "mace", and Aliysa replied "which I handle with grace". Abby glared in a startled way at her, and in an angry warning tone said "don't you put a hand on my Grace!"
Ah, we love this spunky little two-year old (although she often insists that she is three. Just now I asked her how old she is, and she replied without a pause: "twenty-one")
5 comments:
Oh that is funny! What a cute character. Thanks for sharing.
that gave me a good laugh! I can't wait to see you guys again!
Love Chay
What a cutie! Love the stories. They made me laugh out loud and I even snorted.
I snorted when I read Ben and Teri's comments!
love ya all!
Mom Hahn
We agree with all. Love the stories that make us laugh and, yes, often the comments are as just about as funny. Thanks Mom Hahn. Thanks Tasha for sharing these deligfhtful experiences. Love & Miss ya, Mom & Dad
Post a Comment