Saturday, March 12, 2011

Julie B. Beck

Recently I had the privilege of attending a meeting at BYU-Idaho where the general RS president, Julie B. Beck, spoke.  My testimony was strengthened, and I came away from that meeting wanting to study my scriptures more.  Sister Beck is a real scholar of the scriptures.  She took questions from members of the 10,000 women in the audience, and answered them using the scriptures.  She'd say "the answer is in..." and then go right to where the answer was in the scriptures (in all 4 of the standard works).  I want to be able to do that.

I wish her whole talk/presentation was available to read.  But here are some excerpts from it:
http://lds.org/church/news/relief-society-a-call-to-minister?lang=eng

Afterwards, some of my wonderful friends and I went out to lunch at Original Thai restaurant.  Yum!
I am so blessed to know and be friends with such amazing women.  I absolutely love them.

No comments: