Saturday, December 31, 2011

Laughter

We have a wooden plaque in our home that my sister gave us that says "The Laughter of Children is the light of our home."  I love this saying, but really, my children make me laugh a lot, too.

To watch a standup comedian perform, how much would you pay for a ticket?  I realized the other day that one of the joys of motherhood is that my children make me laugh every day.  Taycie makes me laugh constantly lately.  She is so cute!  One year olds surely bless a home with their irresistible efforts to be as big as everyone else.  Taycie is such an expressive, charming baby.  I have to squeeze her constantly every day.

Yesterday, she started crying, and Abby told her in a matter-of-fact tone: "Taycie, we don't just cry for bursting into tears!"  I get to hear funny little things like that all day long.  It makes the not-as-fun parts of motherhood easier.

This Christmas season, we got to spend a few short days at my parents home in Utah.  Between the five families sharing one roof, there were three one-year olds toddling around.

One day, Anna, my 1 year old niece, came in the living room holding a sign declaring "I'm a big sister!"  We were all so excited for Christian and Tara, who will have their fourth baby this September.

Later that day, we left for home, and Anna (& the rest of our family) found a sign on my Mom's fridge that read "Dear Anna, Me Too! Love, Taycie.  (We haven't told the other kids yet!)"

Well, we've told the other kids, and both of our parents now, and so we want to announce it to everyone!  We are happy to share that we will have baby number 10 in our family this August.  (Wow!  10 sounds like a lot to us, too!)  We've felt for a long time that there was another baby who wanted to come to our family.

I guess this means we'll have even more laughter & happiness in our home soon.

8 comments:

tracy said...

Oh my!! I am so excited for you! What a blessed baby!!

Eileen said...

Congratulations! Times 10!!!

Jamon Clark said...

Congratulations!!!!!!I am so excited for you guys! and lets face it this one is going to be born in the best month there is so I am pretty sure she is going to be your best =) I love your whole family!

Love Chay

SummShine said...

We are so happy for you guys!!! You two are wonderful parents and you have a great family!! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

congratulations! you continue to amaze me with your ability to do everything!

The Lamoreaux Family said...

Yea!!!! How have you been feeling?

Rebecca said...

That is awesome news!! Congrats Bob and Tasha! You guys are amazing parents and another baby is so lucky to be part of your family.
Love you guys

Elder & Sister Lamoreaux said...

We just have to add ditto to all the other comments. we love you all. Loves, Mom & Dad