Sunday, June 20, 2010

She's here!

We have a beautiful baby girl!  No name yet, because we all guessed this would be a boy. She was 8 lbs 13 oz, 21 3/4 inches long, chubby and adorable. Soft fuzzy hair, looks light brown but will probably be blonde hair.

It's been 2 hrs since her birth and she still hasn't closed her eyes, she just keeps looking around.  She is very alert.  She latched on immediately and nursed really well.  

Everything went so well with this birth.  I am just in awe of the whole process.  Once the pitocin got going, everything went pretty quickly & smoothly.  I was feeling quite a bit of pain at the end, I was surprised that it felt so uncomfortable.  The nurse checked me and said "oh, the baby is crowning!"  The doctor got here just in time to catch her.  I didn't even push!  Wow, what an amazing experience.

Well, we're going to look for baby names online.

10 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news. She is so cute. I'm so happy for you guys. Hooray for little girls. You guys have a beautiful family. Tasha, you are amazing. I can't wait to meet her in real life.

Ahren said...

Madelyn says - she is really cute.
Alia says - she's a cute little honey muffin.
Ashlie - She's very cute.

Aaron and Ahren - congratulations! She looks beautiful.
Name suggestions: Mumbasa or Monserrat.
Alia suggests Ella. Madelyn - Savannah.

Elder & Sister Lamoreaux said...

She looks beautiful, the kitchen looks wonderful, the house sounds great. Way to go. we love you all. Mom & Dad, Grandma & Grandpa

Jamon Clark said...

Congratulations! she is adorable and I am so darn excited for you all!!!!! we love you tons!

Love Chay Jamon and Kids

Brittany H said...

Congrats!! I'm so glad she's here and everyone is safe and sound. Sounds like your labor was long and tiring. Can you imagine going through labor without a good hubby?! I sure can't! I hope you get some rest! Love to all!!

Bob L. said...

We're pretty sure we will go with Basha Pegleene.

Brett and Katherine said...

Congrats!! The kids were discussing on the way to churcch, the fact that if it is a boy - they will finally outnumber the girls. I had to point out that if it was a girl it would do the same thing, just the oposite :)We are so happy that all went well.

Jones Sisters said...

She is beautiful! And what a lucky baby to come to such a great family! Congratulations!
Becky J

Kate said...

Personally, I think Kate is a great name. ;) Congrats from all of us!!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Beautiful baby! Beautiful family! And your kitchen looks great too! I am in awe. Congratulations. Enjoy, and by all means feel free to be a hermit for awhile. You have earned a good long break.