I didn't start out planning to talk about each child, but it seems that they are taking turns, in order, being cute and funny.
Zach has never been a good sleeper. He didn't sleep well as a baby, and now whenever he wakes up in the night, he flips all sorts of lights on, feels the need to come in my room and loudly announce the fact that he needs to use the bathroom, or has some dire problem that needs to be solved immediately.
You might all remember the episode where he swallowed a suction cup and thanks to Bob's ingenuity, was convinced that he coughed it up. Then he dreamed that he swallowed a string a few nights later.
Well, this last week he was a bit restless again. We had just gone to the library, and in the middle of the night he came into our room. I asked him what was wrong and he flopped on the bed. "Maybe this was a dream..." he began. Then he continued in a worried voice, "But did you tell us we have to bury one of our library books?"
A few nights later, he came in my room in a panic again. "MOM! I don't know how this happened....but one of my feet is heavier than the other one!" I started into what I thought was a good logical, comforting explanation about how our feet can fall asleep, etc., when he stopped me abruptly by announcing: "I need to sleep in your bed." Bob was still doing homework, so I told him he could sleep there "until Dad is done with homework".
Maybe when Zach goes on his mission we will get to sleep through the night. I hope his companions are tolerant.
2 comments:
Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!! Hope his heavey foot is evening out. Love Ya, Mom & Dad
That is hilarious!!! your kids are so cute!!
Post a Comment