Monday, August 6, 2012

Mommy Daughter Date

 So, for those of you who know Mallory, you know how responsible and helpful she is.  She was born wanting to work hard, nurture, and just generally help everything run smoothly.  When I went through the recent health problems, she was a superstar helper.  Often the older children would all have to be gone different places, and she would be at home, feeding younger siblings, changing diapers, bathing the little girls, reading stories, helping them get tucked in bed.  She was amazing.  There were times where I just really couldn't do much at all.  All my children were so helpful, but Mallory takes it all upon herself and she is the hardest working person I've ever met.  So, I told her the other day that it was time for a mother-daughter date.  We went and got her hair cut (JCPenney is giving free kids cuts this entire month!), then went shopping for some new clothes she needed, and then went out to eat at a pizza and salad buffet.  We had a wonderful time. 

Mallory, I'm so glad that you are my daughter.  You have an amazing and strong spirit and I love you so much.

1 comment:

Shelly and Ben said...

I am so happy to have found your blog through Tammy Ward's blog. I love finding wonderful LDS women, who share my passion for homeschooling, and who set a wonderful example for me of accepting ALL of the children God would send. I struggle off and on with that last one. Some days I cannot WAIT to have another little one, and other days I struggle with the idea of welcoming another child into our family. I know there is at least one more though, and I enjoy finding blogs like yours that help me get excited about that prospect!