Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Abigail

On Andrew's birthday, Abby didn't want to tell him "happy birthday." She kept insisting that it was "Abby's birthday!" Then when her birthday arrived, she would just give us blank stares if we said it was her birthday. It wasn't until well into the afternoon that she finally got excited about the idea of her birthday. Pink seems to be her favorite color - if she sees anything pink anywhere, she assumes that it belongs to her. She'll say "look, it's Abby's pink!"




Blowing out the candles on her cake. Okay, they were matches. I forgot to buy birthday candles! We decided this may become a tradition, however. They were lots less expensive, less messy, and just as much fun!

The ice cream just got opened, and she didn't want to wait for Aliysa to get the scoop.
We enjoyed strawberry shortcake with lots of whipped cream, yummy!

Her birthday present was a new (well, okay, a hand me down from the Muhlestein's) bike. She loves it!



We played with balloons. The kids are giving Abby a "balloon shower"

Well, I know that I write a lot about Abby on here. She has really captured my heart, and I adore her. Her sweet, spunky little spirit brightens every day around here. I love how she talks almost non-stop all the time at home, and I'm constantly amazed at how well she can carry on a conversation.

I think she has one of the most amazing attention spans of a little child that I have ever seen. She will sit with a pile of books and read them out loud to herself for such a long time. She'll play with toys or a bit of clay on her own, just talking and singing, and keeping herself entertained for countless hours. She was even this way as an infant. As soon as she could sit up, she was happy and content to have her own time to sit and play with toys.

Sometimes I look into her beautiful brown eyes, or Andrew's big blue eyes, and think about how I decided long ago that I wanted to have six children. Wow, I'm so glad that Heavenly Father knew better and sent Andrew and Abby to our home.




We love our little two-year old!

2 comments:

Dan and Anne said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Abby.
What a sweet little girl!

Elder & Sister Lamoreaux said...

Darling Andrew and Abby. Thanks for sharing their birthdays. America, and the world, does have problems. I guess we have been warned about them. I guess we have to be happy and make the best of the good things we do have.
Like our families.

We love Y'all
Mom & Dad