In July:
Bob, Aliysa, and Jace went to Cedar Badge. They had fun backpacking, hiking, doing a r.o.p.e.s. course, and lots of leadership training, all while making lots of new friends. They've already had three Cedar badge "reunions". I don't have pictures! I'll try to find some and post them.
Courtney and Aliysa went to Girl's camp. It was Courtney's first year. She bought a camera before going, so most of these pictures are of her camp experience.
Here's all her "stuff".
Keya and Courtney
They had delicious food all week
Slid down the enormous slide.
Went on a hike in the absolutely gorgeous surroundings
Watched skits. This year's theme was "University of Eternity"
I went up one night of camp and got to be a part of the YW leader's cheerleader skit. I also got to slide down the slide, enjoy dinner, have ward campfire time, and work with the girls making these cute lanterns. Aren't they adorable? We had the girls make temple shapes on the ones we did.
Here's Aliysa in her skit. She was a "YCL" (Youth Camp Leader) this year, and she worked with the first year campers, so she and Courtney got to spend some good time together. Fun times.
The next week, Bob and Jace went on a "High Adventure" campout for the Varsity scouts in our ward. No pictures again. I'm going to have to make sure Bob takes "his" camera with him sometimes! They went to Island Park and spent a few days waterskiing, wakeboarding, going to a play at the Playmill theater, etc. Bob was just recently called as first counselor in the YM program. I am serving as the second counselor in the YW program, so mutual nights and Sundays are busy. We both absolutely love our callings though. Spencer is learning to step up and be a good babysitter when we are all gone to mutual.
Mallory went to her first day camp with her activity day group. She had fun doing archery, leatherworking, rope tying, obstacle course, human maze, parachute, etc.
Spencer went to day camp the next week. No pictures. He did leatherworking, bike riding, started fires, science experiments, archery, etc. He loved it. This is his last day camp, next year he'll be an 11-year old scout!
With the exception of a few more scout campouts for Bob and Jace, I think that ends our campouts for the summer.


1 comment:
Camping is always an adventure. Good luck on all the camp outs you have left. Mom & Dad
Post a Comment