We played in the river
With Anne & Dan & Their Kids
We found out Taycie LOVES watermelon
We roasted hot dogs and ate fruit salad, baked beans, chips, veggies and dip, yummy.
Played in the sand
Had a horseshoe tournament...Bob and I got whipped by the new 2011 horseshoe champions - Anne and Dan. (I didn't notice until I posted this picture, though, that Dan is tripping Bob with a rake. Hmmm, that explains a lot)
Guess what I ATE!??
Yup, s'mores. No - I still am not eating refined sugar. I bought health food whole wheat, sugar free graham crackers, sugar-free all natural chocolate, and made my own marshmallows with honey!
Anne, who is also sugar-free, joined me in downing several marshmallows and chocolate (she's also gluten-free, so no grahams for her).
These marshmallows were pretty soft compared to usual ones, and that is what I am blaming the fact on that I ended up completely covered in marshmallow - I even had to wash it out of my hair that evening! Anne got enough on her pants that when she tried to uncross her legs, they were stuck together. Yes, yes, it is simply because they were softer than normal ones. It couldn't have been that we were so excited to eat marshmallows again that we were completely uncontrolled in the presence of such a sweet treat. Oh, good times. Bob couldn't stop chuckling and making remarks about Anne and Amy Peay...
Thwish is dewishous...
Afterwards, we went out to the tiny town of Menan that puts on an amazing firework show. We absolutely love going there, because we get there about 1/2 hour before the fireworks, and afterwards...we waited in traffic for, no kidding, 10 seconds. I love small towns.
Abby and Taycie watched the fireworks like this. I started worrying that Abby would be so sad when she realized that she didn't see the fireworks, so halfway through the show, I pulled her out of her carseat and tried to wake her up...no luck. 10:00 is just too late.
In my sugar-induced state of mind, I didn't take any pictures of us at the firework show. But here is a picture of the beautiful moon that was in the horizon as the fireworks were exploding. So pretty. If I were a journalist from a big city like Boston, I'd just superimpose some images of fireworks over this one, but being from Rigby, I think I'll keep my integrity and just end with this picture.
I love the 4th of July.
8 comments:
HONEY marshmallows!?! Wha??? I've got to see this recipe.
Looks like you had a ton of fun.
Great pictures! I'm so glad you got such a yummy treat for the 4th of July--when I made honey marshmallows I rolled them in unsweetened coconut and that made them less sticky.
I would give up the Boston fireworks to spend the 4th with you guys..even if you were just watching the moon.
Tasha,
I didn't even know they had an Independence day celebration in the year 201! Ya learn something new everyday!
That sounds like so much fun? Gluten free and sugar free? Wow, I just don't think I could do that...or maybe it is just that I wouldn't want to do that. :) Just seeing that picture of Anne brings the sound of her contagious laugh to my mind. Cory and I miss living in Idaho so much. We are actually planning on coming out for Spring Break next year. We'll have to come by and see y'all.
Oops. I meant to put an exclamation point after fun, not a question mark.
I like the idea of having honey marshmallows and Wheat Graham Crackers. That sounds good but I would probably eat the regular dark chocolate. What a wonderful 4th celebration.
Melissa,
Please do come see us!
Tasha
Post a Comment