I've been being diligent about menu planning lately.
I have completed an amazing spreadsheet for my menu that, after lots of changes, is finally working for our family. If you'd like to see it, just e-mail me & I'll send you a copy.
I've decided to try to take time on Mondays and Thursdays to cook meals for the next few days. Today I made breakfast, then a veggie tray and dip, lentil soup, pizza dough, then put sausage seasonings into 4lbs of ground beef/elk meat to use as a pizza topping, made 4 large homemade pizzas, 3 cake pans of protein/granola bars, and 5 loaves of zucchini bread. I also shredded enough zucchini to freeze for next time I make zucchini bread, froze some of the extra "sausage" meat, and froze bananas for shakes.
On my new schedule for this school year, I had planned to take 1 hr on Monday and 1 hour on Thursday for my cooking/menu prep time. Today I was in the kitchen for 6 HOURS. And I didn't get even close to as much meal prep done as I wanted to.
Hmmmm, we'll have to streamline this somehow.
3 comments:
HOLY COW!!! You are amazing!!! I'd love to have a copy...but, do you have to be super woman in order to make it work? Because I'm obviously not quite to your level of super mom! :) Seriously, I wish I could just shadow you for a couple of weeks. I'd learn SO MUCH!!!
Melissa,
I am certainly not super mom. But I'd be happy to send yo a copy of my menu if you e-mail me at btlfamily (at) gmail.com
(replace the "at" with @)
Ha ha, I'd be happy to send "you" a copy, not "yo" a copy.
Post a Comment