Saturday was Abby's day to say each of the family prayers. Oh, my goodness, I don't know how exactly her little mind works exactly.
Earlier that day Courtney had read "The Bravest Dog, the Story of Balto" to Abby. Abby retold me the story numerous times about the dog trying to get the medicine to some sick children and how the dog sled team almost fell into the ice where it cracked. Her eyes would get huge and she would almost start crying as she told me about the tense parts of the book. Then I told her about a time when I was about 7 years old and I fell through some broken ice on a pond and my brother and his friend had to pull me out.
That night, her prayers went something like this:
"HF,
That was so scary that Mom fell through the cracking ice into the water...Thank you for that Brave dog, that he saw the cracking, and he got his feet wet, but they went around, and didn't fall in...
and...when we are good we can live with Heavenly Father and Jesus and when we don't do the good things we can not live with him. And thank you that we can't get sick then we have to have cough syrup because that's what we have to do... and bless us to listen to our Mom and Dad cause if we don't then we can't be good and go to Heaven."
1 comment:
Wow, I've missed so much since I've been gone. I promise to catch up. How fun.
Post a Comment