Sunday, August 14, 2011

Scripture Study Journals

I was reading a great talk by Richard G. Scott today.  Here are two quotes he shared that I loved - 

"President Ezra Taft Benson emphasized the importance of spiritual knowledge, saying:
'We should make daily study of the scriptures a lifetime pursuit. … The most important [thing] you can do … is to immerse yourselves in the scriptures. Search them diligently. … Learn the doctrine. Master the principles. …
“You must … see that … searching the scriptures is not a burden laid upon [us] by the Lord, but a marvelous blessing and opportunity'(Ensign, Nov. 1986, p. 47).

President Spencer W. Kimball commented:
'Spiritual learning takes precedence. The secular without the foundation of the spiritual is … like the foam upon the milk, the fleeting shadow. … One need not choose between the two … for there is opportunity to get both simultaneously' (The Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball, ed. Edward L. Kimball, Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1982, p. 390)."

-Richard G. Scott, Acquiring Spiritual Knowledge, Oct 1993 General Conference

I LOVE these blog posts about scripture journals, and journaling in general (you've especially got to see the first one, it is beautiful): 


I am pretty good about writing in my journal, but I love the idea of scripture study journals or notebooks.  I want to start one!

1 comment:

shannon said...

i loved looking at these. you were right, the first link's journals are beautiful. i've kept a study journal for years, but it's nothing like these. it makes me want to do better - thank you! i also loved the homeschool link for the previous post.