Jace is up first, he gets up before 6, gets ready for the day, has personal gospel study, and leaves for seminary with his friend, Emily.
He always says bye to Bob and I before he leaves, but we were so tired that we woke up only enough to say "bye, love you!", and then went back to sleep. So, we got going on morning chores when he got home at 8:30. We had family scripture study & prayer and then went through the morning routine. It went well.
Then we had breakfast. I hadn't planned or made breakfast, so everyone made their own, and for their buddy. Someone decided to make a grilled cheese sandwich, and that became the popular breakfast (yuck). It wasn't the usual breakfast, but fun for a change I guess. Usually we have hot cereal, muesli, smoothies, or eggs and toast.
This day was one of those days that seems to go smoothly. I started on school lessons with the little ones because it seemed to be taking forever to get everyone together. Soon everyone was in the family room together, studying, reading, working on projects. Spencer had asked me earlier if he could earn some money, and I told him I'd pay him to clean out our pantry. Well, Spencer doesn't do anything halfway, so he cleaned off and washed every shelf and found a few spoiled food items (we'd been having lots of fruit flies, and I'm so relieved that he wanted to do this job!) So, he was cleaning that out while we all did school, with a few breaks (recess?) to play football in the family room. Bob was home too, working on his computer that crashed Sunday evening. It was just a nice, peaceful day. I felt like it was a gift.
I was enjoying our day so much that I completely forgot to take dinner to a friend that was counting on it. Ooops.
We decided to go bowling for FHE.
![]() |
| These tiny little bowling shoes were so cute. Even though bowling shoes kind of gross me out. |
I only took these three pictures, and the camera battery died. Bob has more on his phone, so I'll add them to this post later.



No comments:
Post a Comment