Thursday, October 11, 2012

She was listening!

I love general conference weekend.  We put our couches in a semi-circle in front of the T.V., and watch all eight hours with our children.  Bob gives out treats after each talk to whoever listened reverently.  The whole family looks forward to it.

I never know how much the little ones are listening, but I found out today that they must be.  Abby was in the bathroom, and I heard her loudly proclaiming several times:  "I'm a Mormon!  I know it!  I live it! I love it!"  I was pretty impressed that she could remember it just right after only listening to that talk once.  I think she was even mimicking Sister Dibb's voice a bit.

As I heard her say those words, I felt the spirit touch my heart and I knew once again that "this is the true church".  Thanks, Abby for helping me have a testimony-building experience that day.

5 comments:

SummShine said...

I love having those moments when you notice that they are getting more out of it then just making a good habit of 'showing up'.

Gaylene and Emil said...

I think Sister Dibbs would love a copy of this blog post. You've got to send her the picture also--that is so adorable.

Allen Family said...

Oh, I loved that talk. Just hearing what Abby said made me tear up a little.

Tasha L. said...

It actually made me tear up a little too. When I heard her saying that, I just felt the spirit tell me once again that this is the true church. It was a sweet moment.

Elder & Sister Lamoreaux said...

That is priceless and precious. Love it and y'all, Mom & Dad