Friday, November 16, 2012

It could have been so much worse...

Today after gymnastics classes, Aliysa pulled out right in front of a pickup truck. 
 I am thankful...
That my children are alive.
That the driver of the truck that hit them was not driving distracted.  If he wouldn't have immediately slammed on his brakes and tried swerving, he would have hit them straight on going 50+ mph.  
That Courtney was riding in our friend Emily's car.  If not, she would have been sitting right where the impact occured.
That Mallory decided to sit on the other side of the car.  
That all my children were wearing seatbelts.
Thank you, guardian angels.
Somehow, we'll handle replacing the car, paying for the citation, and having her insurance rates rise.  I'm glad we didn't have to handle more than that today. 
I'm thankful that Aliysa and Jace's friends, Emily, and Josh, were there and helped to calm everyone down and make sure they were all right.  

 The glass window shattered and cut Mallory's face.  The pieces of glass also hit her with enough force to bruise it and make it swell up. Aliysa's head got hit hard, and her leg was bruised.  Jace, who was riding in the passenger seat, is fine. 



Oh, Lissy, we're so glad you are all right. 

7 comments:

tracy said...

Oh goodness! I'm so glad they are okay! Blythe and Keziah AND Annesley wanted to ride home with Aliysa, but I told them no because we needed to hurry home and get back to our cleaning projects. I am so glad I did because then, they all would have been in there and probably Courtney too...and they wouldn't have been belted correctly. All of that would have been a BIG problem for Lissa.

I wish I had a car to loan you. What can I do tonight? Do you need oils? Time with Richard? A massage? Arnica? What?

Allen Family said...

WOW!!! That is such a blessing! Way to find the good in a bad situation. Very scary!
I felt bad, I wanted to come talk to you on Sunday, but Conrad was being bad and then I had to go to my Primary in our ward so I left early. You are looking good and you family looks great. They did a good job in the program.

Ben and Teri said...

Holy Moly!!! I am so grateful that everyone is alright! Tell everyone we love them!

Eileen said...

Oh no! That's never fun. So sorry. I'm glad there are earthly angels! Seen and unseen.

Elder & Sister Lamoreaux said...

WOW!!!! is right. We are grateful the Lord was taking care of our sweet family. One more blessing this year. We are so glad everyone is OK. Bob, We'll bet you can fix it......again. Lissa, don't feel too bad, it's hereditary it's inherited from your dad, or your Aunt Becca. Love Y'all tonz, Mom & Dad, Grandma & Grandpa

SummShine said...

I remember being in Bob's car when he did something very similar. So I agree with Mom and Dad and think lissa must have inherited it from her Dad. We love you guys and are so glad everyone is ok.

Unknown said...

Glad everyone is safe...and that you recognize all the little blessings!