So...here is the long awaited news! My hcg level is in the "normal" range. It feels a little anticlimactic, because the lab result still shows "less than 2.4" (Blogger won't let me type in the "less than" symbol without messing up the whole page. I think it is an html code or something.) I've been waiting so long to hear "0.0", that it is hard to feel happy about "less than 2.4" Anyway, it looks like I've been in the "normal" range for a couple of weeks now. We could have been doing the happy dance a while ago!
I'm still waiting to hear from the oncologist, but it looks like I will do one more weekly test, and then go in every four weeks for the next year. As long as the hcg doesn't rise, then I'll just need a yearly hcg test after that.
I am cancer free. That feels really strange to say.
I guess I don't feel as elated as I thought I would. I feel relieved, but I kind of feel like crying more than cheering. I think it is because I know so many people who have cancer right now. Last week our backyard neighbor died from pancreatic cancer. Our family is praying for four other people right now who are battling cancer. Sometimes I feel guilty for being the one hearing good news. I want everyone else to be healing, and to be cancer free too!
Cancer has been such a huge part of everything I've been doing for the past 6 months (I know that 6 months is a really short time when you're talking about cancer). I also have lots of questions about how I am supposed to transition from my cancer diet. I want to build on what I've learned, and to stay healthy. It is actually really overwhelming. Maybe I just need a while to let it sink in, and a while to transition to putting my time and energy into other things.
But I am so grateful. My heart feels like it will burst. I'm so thankful for all the answers to prayers that I've received, for all the prayers by others in my behalf, for the kindness and service given to our family. I feel like when I was trying to decide how to eat, what supplements I should take, and what foods I should avoid, all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place so quickly. Then I'd read other protocols, articles, books about cancer, and I'd realize that I had been doing so many of the right things. It was miraculous. I've been healed from a cancer that is described as very aggressive (although very treatable).
I'm sure happy that I am alive and that I get to be a Mom and wife to my favorite people in the world.
Bob and my older children are gone today, so our celebration dinner


11 comments:
Yes!!!!!!!!!! I have been checking your blog several times a day waiting to hear! Congratulations!!!! Good luck with your diet transition. I'm sure that you will be inspired there as well. I'm doing as much of a "happy dance" for you as I can while on bed rest. :)
Congratulations! E. and I check your blog every day for updates and we have been rooting for you!
Here's some geekology for you the greater than / less than symbols used in HTML and blogs won't just let you type them in unless you're in a 'visual editor' window like WordPress has. So! If you want to type them in a post, here's how:
< will print the less than symbol
> will print the greater than symbol
:o)
OH HA HA HA, the comment form ruined my code, even though I put them in code brackets! I'm not very familiar with blogger.
Let's try that again:
& lt ; - remove the spaces to make the less than symbol
& gt ; - remove the spaces to make the greater than symbol!
Dear Tasha,
This just came in as we were reading Becca’s email. We were in tears, already, but then we went to your email and blog and are just simply crying. We are so grateful for all the blessing and tender mercies of the Lord. Our whole family has been so blessed in so many ways. We are hearing daily about other little tender mercies to our family members. However, many of them are not “little” they are quite “big” tender mercies. We love all of our wonderful family so much. Our hearts are so full we can’t keep the feelings inside. It is time to celebrate.
Love Ya tonz,
Mom & Dad
That's great news! So glad to hear that! I hope you celebrated and had something besides juice today!
I am so happy for you. So many miracles, so many examples of God's tender mercies.
Tasha, I am so relieved! Yeah! I can relate with your feeling of where to go next. I am so grateful that dallin is off insulin but I don't know how long we need to do this or how much his diet will have to be different for how long. For now we are just concentrating on the present and taking one step at a time. You have been so guided through all of this. I'm sure you will know what next step you need to take. To me that is more doable...to just figure out the very next step...and don't think too far beyond that. We love you and are so so happy for you.
I'm so happy for you Tasha! My kids will be so happy to hear the news when they get home tonight. Love you guys so much.
We are so happy to hear the great news!
congratulations! that is awesome!
We are so happy for you! You have been so inspiring through this whole journey. I'm excited to see what the next phase brings.
Post a Comment