Bob's parents came to visit, for the last time before they head to outer Mongolia on their mission. Yes, only 6 months after serving for two years in Romania, they leave Oct 3rd for Mongola. What an adventure they will have! http://www.mission.net/mongolia/ulaanbaatar/news.php?nID=257
We enjoyed their visit, although lots of us were sick when they were here. We wanted to see them a lot, so we decided just to share our germs with them and the rest of our family. We love to share (Sorry everyone)
Even though we will miss them, we are very proud of them. We know that great blessings came to our family while they were serving.
I've been thinking a lot about how blessed I am to have such great in-laws. Bob's parents have taught me so much. I remember the first day I met them, I just thought Bob's dad was such a neat guy. He and Peggy are two of the most unselfish people I know. When they got married, they thought they would have one or two children. Each time they had a baby, they had a feeling that there was "one more baby" that needed to come. Eventually they had 14 children. I was amazed at that when I first met Bob, and my appreciation and awe for them has grown with each child I've had. They parented this crazy bunch through hard times and trials, but if you hear the family talk about memories, you'd think that it was all good times. The Lamoreaux family knows how to have fun.
Bob's parents attended Spencer's football game & took these two pictures for us:
![]() |
| Spud getting the handoff |
| What a good lookin' coach |
I've learned a lot from Bob's mom. She is the most loving and accepting person I know. She is gentle, but firm when it comes to things she believes in. She has occasionally encouraged us in a few things that we have needed to do better at (like sitting down to meals as a family), while always making us feel loved. We never feel judged or criticized by Bob's parents. They are faithful, strong, wonderful people.
While they were here visiting, Bob asked his Dad for a Father's Blessing. It was a sweet experience. Afterwards, Bob was able to give his Dad a blessing. I am so grateful for the gift of the priesthood.
Bob & Peggy, we love you, and will keep you in our prayers!

1 comment:
Mongolia! I had a mission companion from Ulanbaater. What great examples to have for your kiddos.
Post a Comment