Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pedicures

For my birthday, my sister Lisa and my sister-in-law Tara kidnapped me.  We went to a salon and got pedicures. It was so fun.  That morning I had found out that my hcg level had gone up, and I was crushed.  I felt so worried.  We spent the day at Provo Beach Resort, my parents Christmas present to everyone.  I was exhausted, so I went home with my Mom and took a nap.  I was deeply asleep when Tara and Lisa told Aliysa to gently ask me if I'd like to wake up to be kidnapped.  Aliysa walked in my room, flipped on the light and asked (ungently) if I was up for it.  I didn't want to go out in the cold, but I relented.  I'm so glad I did.  It was just the thing to get my mind off of my problems.  We had a lot of fun.  It was the perfect ending to my birthday, and my toes still look cute!  (Before the pedicure, I had painted my toes purple (my 2 year old Taycie chose the color).  They looked horrible, because the purple clashed with the orange color of my feet, but I hadn't taken the time to redo it. 


 Here are my toes, and Lisa's.  She got a french manicure.  We had to walk out into the cold in these foam flip flops.  Brrrr.
 Here are my girl's nails. 

Here's one of my orange feet, and one of Lisa's cute little feet.  

Lisa showed us this YouTube video about manicures.  We all laughed so hard, because it exactly depicts the lady who did our nails.  She even said the exact same things!  I can't believe how similar it was to this routine!  She tried talking my daughters into gel on their nails (for $15 more), and asked Aliysa if she had a boyfriend, and if she wanted to have a boyfriend.  She also asked if Aliysa believed in Santa Claus ("Sana Claw") Aliysa could not understand what she said, and she had to repeat if four times.  It was so funny. 

3 comments:

Gaylene and Emil said...

Those pictures look like you all had a good time. I'm glad you could go!! That video is hilarious--I'm sure it gave us a feel for what you experienced as it sounds just like the report you gave when you all came home from getting your nails done.:)

Tara said...

Let's do that again!

Rebecca said...

How fun for you! I love pampering myself with a pedicure every now and then. And that video made me laugh so hard because that exact what it's like :)