"...to commit oneself to home and family is to do a wondrous thing. It is a high adventure." --Neal A. Maxwell
Monday, December 3, 2012
Amazed & Grateful
My heart is overflowing.
Our day started off with a sweet man calling to offer to help us fix our little smashed car. He has equipment to put new doors on it, and bend it back in shape if we can find some doors at a junkyard.
We had two great applications turned in for our apartments. We are praying to get all our units rented this month, but we don't rent unless we feel sure they will be good tenants. When we get applications like these, we feel so happy!
Bob went to work - we are so grateful that he has this job!
A woman called from a financial company in Idaho Falls to say that there was a large check written out to us, and she wondered when we could come pick it up. I don't know who you are, anonymous benefactor, and I don't know if you read my blog, but I have cried so many tears of gratitude and amazement today. This check will be used wisely, and oh so gratefully.
While I was gone my sweet neighbor who loves our children and checks on me all the time stopped by with some things to help us have a nice family home evening - Christmas cookies, and a Christmas story & CD written by Thomas S. Monson. We are all getting in our pajamas right now so we can sit by the Christmas tree and enjoy her sweet gift. I adore Barbara. She has shown so much love to me during this cancer journey. She lost her own 15 year old grandson to cancer this year, and even while her heart has been healing, she has given lots of love to us.
I am overwhelmed, and feel so undeserving. There's no way I can repay all the kindness we have received this year... But I feel so committed to giving my own time & means to bless the lives of others all through my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I have tears in my eyes just reading your post. We all need to be more grateful for the things we have and the blessings we receive. Thanks for helping me see this a little more. Your a great inspiration. So thank you! Please let me know if there is anything I can help with.
This just makes me smile.
Tasha, Just reading this makes our hearts fill with love and gratitude, also, and our eyes fill with tears. It, also, brings many memories back from our days of small amounts of money and big amounts of people in the home and of the people, both known and anonymous, who were such great helps to us. We love and admire you and your family so much. Love, Mom & Dad
I don't think I can say anything as eloquent as has already been said. I love this post! Your family is amazing!!!
Post a Comment